360 Degree Photography- The Concept
On the edge of virtual dominance, the evolution of photography is setting the stage on fire. Panoramic or 360 degree photography is an artistic and innovative approach in the field of photography. Panormic photos allow the viewer to indulge in the entire background and environment around the camera that captured it. These kind of pictures can be clicked by some phone cameras as well as digital SLR.
If you were to take an opinion, experts would suggest you to use a prime 360 degree specialised dslr and a fish-eye lens on a panoramic head or a wide angle lens. These cameras have two or three lenses facing different direction, the photo is created by stitching the photos taken by different lenses.
Noble Animation Price: Rs 15,000/NORMAL QUALITY SHOOT
Magnific Animation Price: 20,000/HD QUALITY SHOOT
Distingue' Animation Price: Rs 35,000/ 4k QUALITY SHOOT
Basic Digital SLR
Digital SLR is a camera which works as a base to all the lenses. You may wonder which dslr is suitable and best for panoramic point of view and that this is the most expensive equipment in the categroy. But it’s not what it looks like. Bracketing, Fish eye lens compatibility and self timer or remote control access is all what you need for a 360 degree photography. Here are some of the cameras, you should take a look at-
- Canon EOS 1300D
- Canon EOS 750D
- Nikon D5300
- Nikon D7200
360 Degree Specialist Cameras
- Mijia Mi Spehre
- Insta 360 one
- Ricoh Theta V
- Samsung Gear 360
A lens is what you have to think and invest upon. It is the lens who create the image and determines the picture quality, so think wisely while choosing it. You must get a fish eye lens because it shoots the widest angle photos on point allowing you to capture 360 degree panorama in as few photos as possible. Now, which lens should you take? Experts will suggest to use Samyang 7.5mm, Nikon 10.5mm or Samyang 12mm Fish eye lens. There are many fish eye lenses available and technically the more expensive the more better, but the cheaper ones are good enough to establish a professional impact.
Panoramic Tripod Head and Tripod
Panoramic tripod head plays a major role as this is the object which make virtual tours possible. This device attach to the top of your tripod and hold your camera. The prime work of this object is to rotate around in every direction allowing to create every image for 360 degree image.
In order to shoot accurate and high quality image, you need to make sure your camera is stable and steady all the time. This is where a tripod comes in the action. The camera gets attached to the tripod and to maintain stability as panoramas are impossible without it. Make sure the height of the tripod is almost similar to height of average person and is compatible with your panoramic head.
Now, the Making !
- Shoot the photos with a 360 degree view of the subject. Make sure there’s some overlap between the images so that they can be stitched together with no missing pieces.
- Choose a 360 degree photo software which is easy to handle and free to download (Autostich, Autopano pro , PTGUI). These are automatic software so you need not to worry about the editing stuff if you are not into it.
- Take the photos in your pc and stitch them together i.e, select the file, open and multi select the images you want to stitch & everything happens automatically. Make sure you rename this file once you are done as it will overwrite it if you try to make a second panorama in the same folder later. Experience helps!
- Now, transform it into scroll able video which will give the 360 degree image a cinematic and 3D effect.
- Last but not the least, if you don’t get the desired image in one go, don’t give up. Keep on trying. Consistent shooting always helps to prevent mistakes or errors.
Go Panorama-ing !
Panoramic photography is getting common nowadays. You can even do it from phones like Oneplus 5t, Iphone X, Google Pixel , etc. So if you are not sure about buying the professional camera equipment, go click on your phones. Its never too late to learn new photography skills until unless you are not into it. These basic tips and tricks will get you started for now so start shooting!